With all the guests no matter whether from Pécs, Hungary, or abroad, one of the most popular attraction in the Littke Palace Visitors Centre (besides conferences) is the cellar visitation. The network of the cellar system is unique in Hungary as it is one of the longest complete cellar system. Its peculiarity is the standard temperature of 14 Celsius degrees throughout the year, thus during the summer it provides a wonderful refreshment. Certainly, the guided tour is available in foreign languages, such as in English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Swedish.
The system of cellars stretching beneath the surface on 5 levels, so we may reach 5 different depths during our walk. At level 4 we find the longest branch which consists of a one-kilometre long corridor to the west and another kilometre to the south. There are shorter, but very exciting branches in all different directions in the “underground city”. One of them hides a huge barrel with a capacity of more than 200 hl, the other nests several thousand empty bottles, while the third has a calm and quiet atmosphere to ease its visitors.
The main routes of the cellar are so vast and wide that even carts and coaches could travel under the ground.
During the tour there is a possibility for tasting – with a choice for 1-3-5 and 7 glasses- from a wide range of traditional wines and quality sparkling wines amongst which one can find the oldest premium quality sparkling wine of Hungary, the renowned Littke pezsgő, currently produced in the framework of a manufacture, as well as, the wines by Littke.
The tour is a memorable experience even for families.
- Cellar visitation – available throughout the year
- Guided tours
- Wine tasting during the tour
- 5-7 glass tasting – with cold platter
- Guided tour of the 2-km cellar system network
- 60-minute long visitation
- Standard 14 Celsius degree temperature throughout the year
- 5 levels under the ground
- Family programme
- Team building combined with a wine tasting programme
- Guided tours available in foreign languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Swedish
Prices - Cellar Visitation:
- Student, pensioner, pedagogue: 1100 HUF (without sparkling wine tasting)
- Adult 1900 HUF (without tasting sparkling wine); minimum price: 19.000 HUF
- 1 glass of sparkling wine: adult: 2900 HUF; minimum price: 29.000 HUF
- 3 glasses of sparkling wine: adult: 3900 HUF; minimum price: 39.000 HUF
In all other cases do not hesitate to contact us for special pricing options.
Tel: +36 30 484 6635
Fascintating time travel experience in the historical centre of Pécs. Venture under the ground and discover what the past and present hide. You may explore both the exciting world of the Early Chrisitan burrial chambers as well as the cellar labyrinth of Littke Palace.
Our visitors are welcome to wander around the UNESCO World Heritage cemetary complex (Cella Septichora), the 1600 year-old architectural treasures and mural paintings.
The second half of the tour takes place in the cellars of Littke Palace Visitors' Centre extending on 5 levels under the ground, where our guests can not only get acquainted with the labyrith of great historical past, but also with the traditional methods of champagne production. Along the tour electric torches are used at a specific section to make the exploration even more exciting and those curious about the tanks used for storing sparkling wines may even squeeze themselves through a tiny doorway to find out about the vast interiors.
Time of tours: Saturday at 11.00 am
Meeting point and ticketing: Cella Sptichora Visitor Center, Szent István square
Length: approx. 2 hours
Guaranteed guided tours of the cella system:
- Student, pensioner, teacher: 2600 HUF (without tasting)
- Adult: 4100 HUF (without tasting)
- Single glass tasting: 5000 HUF
Registration is not required
Telephone: +36/72/224 755