With all the guests no matter whether from Pécs, Hungary, or abroad, one of the most popular attraction in the Littke Palace Visitors Centre (besides conferences) is the cellar visitation. The network of the cellar system is unique in Hungary as it is one of the longest complete cellar system. Its peculiarity is the standard temperature of 14 Celsius degrees throughout the year, thus during the summer it provides a wonderful refreshment. Certainly, the guided tour is available in foreign languages, such as in English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Swedish.
The system of cellars stretching beneath the surface on 5 levels, so we may reach 5 different depths during our walk. At level 4 we find the longest branch which consists of a one-kilometre long corridor to the west and another kilometre to the south. There are shorter, but very exciting branches in all different directions in the “underground city”. One of them hides a huge barrel with a capacity of more than 200 hl, the other nests several thousand empty bottles, while the third has a calm and quiet atmosphere to ease its visitors.
The main routes of the cellar are so vast and wide that even carts and coaches could travel under the ground.
During the tour there is a possibility for tasting – with a choice for 1-3-5 and 7 glasses- from a wide range of traditional wines and quality sparkling wines amongst which one can find the oldest premium quality sparkling wine of Hungary, the renowned Littke pezsgő, currently produced in the framework of a manufacture, as well as, the wines by Littke.
The tour is a memorable experience even for families.
- Cellar visitation – available throughout the year
- Guided tours
- Wine tasting during the tour
- 5-7 glass tasting – with cold platter
- Guided tour of the 2-km cellar system network
- 60-minute long visitation
- Standard 14 Celsius degree temperature throughout the year
- 5 levels under the ground
- Family programme
- Team building combined with a wine tasting programme
- Guided tours available in foreign languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French and Swedish